A Star Citizen blog representing the vast silent majority who only wish to make the game better.

Thursday, April 6, 2017

Aegis Vanguard Hoplite

Well, I finally got SC a2.6.2 downloaded last night, or more correctly, two nights ago assuming I publish this tomorrow. And what's the first thing I do? I mount up my Aegis Vanguard Hoplite and go for a spin.




I know, you're asking, "Why do I have a Hoplite?" Answer: I don't know. I think it is what happens when you get caught up in the hype of a big Star Citizen ship sale. It was my Bridge too Far.


So they say the Hoplite was rushed into service as a drop ship for Squadron 42. Presumably Squadron 42 needs you to be in a drop ship to accomplish something or other during the course of the single-player game. But for Star Citizen there are a couple of other special purpose drop ships in the pipeline which are better suited for the purpose. They just won't be ready for Squadron 42's release.

The Hoplite has a crew of two and space for six Marines. Yes, I know, that's some kind of useless ship for a solo player. I suppose I could hire six NPC Mercenaries and go wup-ass at some planetary station. Not really my way to cause trouble, though.

Well, here's my thinking. The Hoplite will be redesigned into something really cool. It will be all modular'n stuff so it could end up being a generalized all-purpose utility ship. That was my thinking anyway. See what happens when you make your own beer.

Anyway, guess I'm stuck with it. Maybe I can trade it for some planet-side thing-a ma jig.

No comments:

Post a Comment