A Star Citizen blog representing the vast silent majority who only wish to make the game better.

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Arena Commander - Vanduul Swarm

Hey, I've completed to Wave 19 in Vanduul Swarm! So says the leader board. But not really.

I was teamed up with a good player, Necronominal, I think, and that player made it to the end. I only made it to wave 16. My own fault really. I flew into the boundary once wasting one of my three extra tries. Might have made it, maybe. But I stayed logged in for the Rec points. Turns out that grants me the bragging rights to say I made level 19.

You know, I wondered how all those players on the leader board could make wave 19 with only 53 minutes of game play. Although that is what Necronominal did: wave 19 in one go. Witnessed. Must be pretty good.

Arena Commander - Vanduul Swarm

It's a small nitty kinda thing, I guess. Not really a complaint. But I don't think I deserve a wave 19 credit.

I noticed that Necro uses a mouse. I use an X52 joystick. The joystick lets me feel more like I'm flying than using a mouse. The X52 gives me more immersion. [Note to others: get a better stick.] Though, to be honest, I can't say I've ever used a mouse for flying in Star Citizen.

Huge ka-fuffle on the forums about mouse vs stick. Don't really understand it so I don't participate in the debate. One of those can't win things, I guess.

I think the mouse works well because the designers of Star Citizen have been told that expensive extra peripherals should not be necessary to play the game. Of course, the people with expensive extra peripherals think they should get an advantage based on dollars expended. They don't seem to be able to reconcile a loss of accuracy for increased immersion. And some game pits are very well appointed, indeed.

Ah well, that's my take on it.

So I'm not wave 19, yet. Probably will be soon. :grin:

.

No comments:

Post a Comment