A Star Citizen blog representing the vast silent majority who only wish to make the game better.

Friday, May 5, 2017

The Enemy of My Enemy is My Friend

Let's just assume in Star Citizen that the enemy of my enemy is my friend (EMEMF). It is a powerful assumption but let's theorycraft with it anyway. So the tool we get to play with here is: relationships.

Relative to me, my relationship position is: UEE Citizen in an Organization, and all Vanduul are hostile.

Without appling the EMEMF principle, if I attack a neutral Citizen then my relationship diminishes relatively to that Citizen. Probably also to the Citizen's organization. If in UEE space, then my reputation also diminishes with the UEE.

For quantification purposes just assume each increase or decrease in relationship is +1 or -1 per event.


Now let's apply the EMEMF principle.
-- My reputation with the Vanduul goes up. They are happy with such behavior and wish to encourage it.
-- My reputation with all of the Citizen's positive (+) friend's goes down.
-- My reputation with all of the Citizen's Organization's positive (+) friends goes down.
-- My Organization's reputation with all of the Citizen's positive (+) friend's goes down.
-- My Organization's reputation with all of the Citizen's Organization's positive (+) friends goes down.
-- My reputation with all of the Citizen's negative (-) friend's goes up.
-- My reputation with all of the Citizen's Organization's negative (-) friends goes up.
-- My Organization's reputation with all of the Citizen's negative (-) friend's goes up.
-- My Organization's reputation with all of the Citizen's Organization's negative (-) friends goes up.

And the whole thing kinda goes in reverse if I successfully do a neutral Citizen's posted mission. Vanduul reputation goes down.

One of the more obvious aspects of this is that one's reputation with the Vanduul could go positive enough to overcome the initial or starting deficit. [Just for arguments' sake one could assume a starting Vanduul position of -100; and, a starting position of -100 with all individual Vanduul.] Ergo, trade with the Vanduul is possible, or even safe harbour, for that matter.

What really intrigues me about all of this is the information lag between systems. All of this upping and downing of relationships has to be dispersed throughout the Verse. There might be a strategy here to intercept those information packets and destroy them. Well, some of them at least. Remember, there is no FTL information transfer in the game. Information has to be carried physically through jump points. So information propagation is a profession in itself.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment